Saturday, 22 February 2014

Super Jerry paint

With the build finished, the time has come to primer this monkey up (and do some more sanding after all the still gaping gaps, seams and putty blobs became painfully obvious again).

I'm still contemplating the colour-scheme but I couldnt wait to get started on the paint.
After some deliberation I decided to brush paint it. One because I just like act of brush painting more that AB and I also like the texturing it brings to the piece.

So first some shading (pre-shading?).
Kept the the paint really thin and layered it on in a few passes. I used a pix of Tamiya Black and Flat Brown.

After this dried I put on a couple of layers of a base colour. A mix of Flat Brown and Flat Red. 
This was the first of a couple of layers, again keeping them all thin and translucent.

Of course, being a clump fisted goon, I broke a part out of the back of the thing. So I replaced it with wire... something I should have done in the first place.

So now to decide on a paint scheme...
I'm thinking of a more traditional combination of either a light olive drab with yellow bands or a more khaki / sand colour with white accents (following the colour card in the box).
I want to put it in an urban environment later on, so maybe a more dark and light grey camo (orange bands) might work too.

Anyway, that's all for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment