Sunday, 20 September 2015

UnderSea Pig Massive update...

Hey there,
It's been a while since my last confession... mainly because I haven't had a chance to do a lot building. Having said that however, the seepage has come quite a ways since the last post.

The general build was done a while back. Besides the props I added some wings, a cast steel texture, (using Mr.Surfacer 500), weld seams (using Aves) and some details here and there... also made the periscope a bit fancier.

Here are some progress shots:

Then I wanted to give him some kind of specialty tool... for his left arm. The laser wouldn't work under water, so I thought of some kind of torpedo rig, but ultimately settle on some kind of grinder tool with and extra grab claw.

This al had to be scratch built so that is what I did.

I used styrene and some donor parts... mainly styrene.
First up the claw...

Followed by the grinder tool:

Combining the lot...

Next up is covering the joints with epoxy putty.

Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment