Saturday 9 August 2014

Friedrich Moderate Modding

Hi there,
A quick update on the Friedrich...

In the previous Friedrich build report I posted some pics of where I had puttied the side windows over.
That worked pretty well, but I thought it might get a little boring... so I came up with the idea of trying to fit in the steel window cover that came with the Super Jerry kit as part of the Gigant Floh optional build.

And is it turned out the fit the curve of the Friedrich hull pretty well. Just had to make some room for the shoulder and sand off the inside portal viewing thingy.  I just took the Dremel to it. Done in a flash.

I put weld seams around it using 0.5 mm styrene bar (is it still bar at the thickness? more like wire), glued it around and softened it with Tamiya Extra Thin and used a soldering chisel [looking thing] to push in the texture.

After that I added a "cast steel" texture with Mr. Surfacer 1000.

That's all for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment