Saturday 19 March 2016

New Rally Pawn (Camel sidekick)

As I mentioned in the last post I was going to build a little side kick for the Camel in the shape of a New Rally Pawn (I know I said Luna Pawn, but I meant New Rally Pawn)
Anyway the build is coming along pretty nicely and although I promised myself I wasn't going to do any detailing on it I couldn't resist adding some to the back as it is quite plain and well, frankly boring.

I also mixed up some of the parts. Some sprue are have parts of other versions of this same suit design and I decided to use some of them in this one. The exhaust sticking out of the back of the helmet is not supposed to be there originally. It should be a some grate and with a clear plastic cover but I usually find clear parts a pain in the bollocks, and I like this exhaust thing... so there.

Also put a little tank of some kind on the back and gave him a couple of elbow shield things.

I have to say this isn't my favourite Ma.K design, mainly because the body stops quite high above his pelvis and his ankles are really exposed.... as if his pants are hiked up really high. It looks like Urkel basically.

Anyway...





So then there the figure. I had a choice of a man and a woman's head. I went with the guy because he had better detail.

And here's my process of painting figurines' faces... I thing the steps speak for themselves. If not let me know in the comments and I'll explain further...




Now we can close the suit, add the final details and start painting it.

That's for next time.
Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment